In day to day life, in the workplace, in the community or at home, you may be confronted by a life-threatening emergency such as someone experiencing Cardiac Arrest. Quick decision making and knowledge on what to do could save someone’s life.
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (Cardiac Arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at a Mid Coast First Aid and Safety Training sourced facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) full face to face course
Blended delivery – 2 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 15 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 3 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
What Happens At The Course
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.