The Manage first aid services and resources course should be undertaken by persons and employees responsible for the maintenance of a first aid facility and management of first aid provision, in the workplace or community setting. Training will ensure the participant can effectively establish and maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid including first aid resources. Participants will learn about risk assessment to establish first aid requirements, using checklists for equipment and first aid kits, following manufacturer’s instructions and completing documentation.
Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Important Information Prior to Enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at a Mid Coast First Aid and Safety Training sourced facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
- Participants must have the physical capacity to establish and maintain first aid facilities and equipment.
- Participants must have literacy skills to complete documentation and read instructions
Online study option: Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 7 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 15-minute face to face practical assessment
- Refresher training –5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods. Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks –
- Conduct a Risk Assessment
- Develop a First aid response plan
- Conduct a first aid kit content check
- Complete a notifiable incident report form
- Participate in a debrief and evaluation session
- Maintain first aid equipment (AED)
- Documentation –
- Risk management form
- First aid response plan
- Response plan checklist
- First aid kit content checklist
- Incident report forms
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.