This course will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to administer restricted analgesic to provide pain management as part of a medically supervised first responder organisation. It includes identifying the need for analgesia, accessing, preparing and administering restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin according to medically endorsed protocols, performing casualty handovers and completing analgesic use requirements.
Providing pain management requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to storing, accessing, preparing and administering restricted analgesic drugs. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation.
Licensing requirements for the storage and administration of drugs may apply depending on organisation, type of drug, state/territory, etc.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUAEME005 Provide pain management
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at a Mid Coast First Aid and Safety Training sourced facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
- Prerequisite – This course has a prerequisite of HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 30-minute face to face practical assessment
- Refresher training – 4 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, Including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Practical scenarios:
- Pain management & handover to paramedics
- Pain management for chest pain
- 2 x Drug register logs
- First aid incident report form
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complet